I want to express my heartfelt appreciation to the members of IAQA for electing me to the Board of Directors (BOD); and in this, my second term, electing me president of our association. I am humbled by the experience and honored to serve.
Thanks to each of you for choosing to belong to such a great organization (our member-focused organization). Our member categories range from corporate, corporate affiliate, individuals, students, and individual government. Our diverse membership includes consultants, contractors, manufacturers, business service providers, laboratories, facility owners, property managers, government, medical professionals, academia, and the military.
Our Mission Statement
IAQA is dedicated to bringing practitioners together to prevent and solve indoor environmental problems for the benefit of customers and the public.
Our 5 Pillars of Engagement
- Member Engagement
- Communication and Connection
- Operational Excellence
We, the BOD, will dedicate and commit our time, energy, and efforts to make IAQA an association of growth, information, and – most importantly – member-focused.
As we look forward, the BOD will be presented with challenges; these challenges will be addressed with a focus on what is in the best interest of our membership. We are entrusted by the members with ensuring the association’s success. This is achieved by fulfilling the following roles:
- To be guided by sound, ethical, good governance and fiduciary management, policies, and procedures
- To make significant and strategic decisions
- To oversee the organization’s operations
With this in mind, the BOD is asking the membership to update us with items of interest or concern. Remember, this is your association and we want to ensure that you are making a sound financial investment in being a member of IAQA.
These are exciting times as we grow and expand our footprint in the world of Indoor Air Quality. The committees and staff of IAQA will work tirelessly to improve and increase our exposure to the public for education, information, legislation, and more. Our education programs, which have been the foundation of IAQA, will be expanded. In addition, we will:
- Develop goals for each committee to ensure committee members’ time is utilized most efficiently.
- Strengthen and expand our local presence by Chapter participation and providig the tools that the Chapters need to grow and serve our members and customers.
- Expand our Chapter exposure globally with our new International Chapter Relations Committee.
- Look for new revenue opportunities, as well as review the existing ones.
- Address new avenues with our business partners for expansion and exposure.
- Develop new relationships with mutual-type organizations for the benefit of growth, expansion, and development.
- Stay engaged with the excellent staff team to assure that you, the members, receive what you request and need.
- Address and be involved with charities and charitable causes.
- Develop an all-inclusive growth plan while ensuring transparency is maintained.
- Strive to excel at these goals.
- Seek ways to enhance and broaden the benefits of belonging to the IAQA and, in turn, help your business thrive.
We ask each of you to be a part of this process and ask yourself “What can I do for our association?” Volunteer for committees, speak to nonmembers about joining, present to other organizations, and get our name known publicly. Be engaged.
Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you as the president of our association. I can always be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (704) 232-0077.
Jay M. Stake